Thursday, November 14, 2013

Observation 3

During this observation I found that many of my living specimens have died.  I was pretty suprised because Dr. MacFarland added a pellet of beta food on October 25. I thought this would allow my plants and organisms to grow. Previously, I did not have to look much to find and observe many items, but this time it was very difficult to find anything to observe. However, I did find many green spherical looking items that did not appear to have any type of visible membrane or nucleus leading to the assumption that it was not living. Dr. McFarland and I could not identify it and could not conclude that it was the reason for the decreasing organisms. The items I did find that were living were the same as previously observed and had appeared to grow somewhat. The green living plants appeared to be dying some and looked like they had been used as a food source. The dirt at the bottom appeared to have some living specimens but none that could be identified.

(McFarland, Kenneth [Internet] Botany 111 Fall 2013. [cited 11/12/13]. Available at http://botany1112013.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment